Rail 7 is a long-travel electric mountain bike built for ripping the big stuff. It features the same high-end trail tech as our analog trail bikes, an upgraded fork, drivetrain, battery, and more, plus a powerful new Bosch drive system that's basically like having your own shuttle.
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a trail-specific e-MTB that’s designed to tackle the same tough terrain as regular trail bikes. You already know just how awesome e-MTBs are on the mountain, and want to invest in higher performance components.
The tech you get
A light and durable Alpha Platinum Aluminum frame that fully encases a 625Wh battery for sleek looks and protection on the trail, a 160mm RockShox Yari RC fork, 150mm of rear travel with a RockShox Deluxe RL shock, a powerful Bosch Performance Line CX 250W motor that assists up to 20 mph, and a Purion controller. A 1x12 Shimano SLX/XT drivetrain, dropper post, Shimano 4-piston brakes, and Bontrager Line Comp 30 29er wheels.
The final word
Rail 7 features an upgraded Shimano drivetrain and brakes, and an upgraded RockShox fork. But the biggest deal is that it houses the longest-range Bosch battery you can get. That means more runs and more fun.
Why you'll love it
- The new, better-than-ever Bosch motor is smaller, lighter, and more efficient. It feels more natural while you’re pedaling, and has less drag when you’re not
- Rail shreds just as hard as its non-electric brethren, plus it powers you right back up the mountain—no shuttle or lift necessary
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
- Made with the same exclusive frame tech as Remedy and Slash, like Mino Link adjustable geometry, a Straight Shot down tube for extra stiffness, and Active Braking Pivot (ABP)
- It's equipped with an external charging port for easy charging on or off the bike
A dropper seatpost allows you to quickly lower and raise your seat to give you an ideal riding position. Dropping your seat creates a lower center of gravity for better control and maneuverability on steep descents, while raising it puts you at normal riding height for efficient pedaling.
Construction can include either hydraulic- or cable-actuated systems and the post’s travel can either be infinitely adjustable or stopped at set intervals, depending on the model.
Dropper seatposts come in standard lengths and diameters and vary by the amount of travel.
|Motor||NEW Bosch Performance Line CX, 250 Watt, 75Nm, magnesium body|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube, 625Wh|
|Max Assisted Speed||20mph|
|Frame||Alpha Platinum Aluminum, Removable Integrated Battery (RIB), tapered head tube, Control Freak internal routing, magnesium rocker link, Motor Armor, Mino Link, ABP, Boost148, 12mm thru axle, 150mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox Yari RC, DebonAir spring, Motion Control RC damper, e-MTB optimized, tapered steerer, 42mm offset, Boost110, 15mm Maxle Stealth, 160mm travel|
|Headset||Knock Block Integrated, cartridge bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Deluxe RL, 230x57.5mm|
Front: 15mm Maxle Stealth, Boost 110
Rear: 12mm thru axle, Boost 148
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Line Comp 30, Tubeless Ready, 6-bolt, Shimano MicroSpline freehub, Boost110 front, Boost148 rear|
|Tires||Bontrager XR5 Team Issue, Tubeless Ready, Inner Strength sidewall, aramid bead, 120 tpi, 29x2.60"|
|Crankset||E*thirteen E*spec Plus|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XT M8100, long cage, 51T max cog|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano SLX M7100, 10-51, 12 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano SLX M7100, 12 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager Rhythm Comp, alloy, 31.8mm, 15mm rise|
|Stem||Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8mm, Knock Block, 0 degree|
|Brakes||Shimano MT520 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seatpost||TranzX JD-YSP18, internal routing, 31.6mm|
* Subject to change without notice.