X-Caliber 7 is the perfect entry point to fast cross country riding and racing. It's a fully capable hardtail mountain bike with expert tech where it matters most, like in the lightweight and durable alloy frame, RockShox fork, Shimano drivetrain, and hydraulic disc brakes.
It's right for you if...
You're new to mountain biking and want a high-value bike that's perfect for local XC trails and even racing. You want to invest in the parts that make a difference in performance—frame, suspension, and brakes—and want a bike you won't immediately outgrow as your skills advance.
The tech you get
A lightweight Alpha Gold Aluminum frame, a RockShox 30 Silver 100mm suspension fork with a lockout and an air spring that's lighter and more adjustable than a coil spring, a dependable Shimano 1x10 drivetrain with a wide range of gears for easier climbing, and tubeless ready wheels with wider Boost141 hubs for increased wheel strength and better tire clearance.
The final word
X-Caliber 7 is a great cross country mountain bike at a great value. It has the same features found on higher-end bikes—like internal cable routing, dropper post compatibility, a tapered head tube, and Boost hub spacing—all on a platform that's easy to upgrade down the line.
Why you'll love it
- It gets you into the world of cross country riding and racing at a great price, and it's a mountain bike that can grow with you as your skills advance
- The sleek internal cable routing gives you clean looks, protects your cables, and makes it easy to upgrade to a dropper post for even more capability
- Smart Wheel Sizing means you'll get the fastest wheel that fits (29" wheels on larger frames, 27.5" wheels on smaller frames)
- The RockShox air fork has a rebound adjust and can be tuned to the rider’s weight, and it’s way higher quality than what you’d normally get on an MTB at this price
- The 1x drivetrain delivers a wide range of gearing with the simplicity of a single shifter
|Frame||Alpha Gold Aluminum, tapered head tube, internal derailleur & dropper post routing, rack & kickstand mount, Boost141|
|Fork||RockShox Judy SL, Solo Air spring, TurnKey lockout, tapered steerer, 100mm travel|
|Headset||Semi-integrated, loose ball bearing, 1-1/8" top, 1.5" bottom|
Front: 100 x 5mm QR
Rear: 141 x 5mm QR
|Rims/Wheels||Bontrager Kovee, double-wall, Tubeless Ready, 23mm width, presta valve|
Front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt
Rear: Formula DC-2241, alloy, 6-bolt, Shimano 8/9/10 freehub, Boost141
Size S: Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 27.5" x 2.20
Size M, M/L, L, XL: Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29" x 2.20
|Crankset||Shimano Deore M5100, Boost (52mm chainline)|
|Chainrings||30T steel ring|
|Chain||KMC X10, 10 speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano Deore M5120, long cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano Deore M4100, 11-46, 10 speed|
|Shifters||Shimano Deore M4100, 10 speed|
|Handlebars||Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width|
|Tape/Grips||Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on|
|Stem||Bontrager Elite, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree|
|Brakes||Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc w/Shimano RT26, 6-bolt rotors|
|Pedals||VP-536 nylon platform|
|Saddle||Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width|
|Seat Post||Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.